Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yippee! New bunnies in the barn!

Lisa just left outta here and dropped off a couple of bucks that I can't wait to start using! One of them is her AWESOME herd buck, HT's Zulu. Here is his pic:
 I absolutely LOVE this buck, and don't worry Lisa, I won't let anything happen to him. Mike kept saying, "All of our does are bred, we don't have anything to breed to him." I just wanted to stomp my feet, I was thinking to myself, 'Don't let her take that buck back home!' I know sure as the world spins round and round, that we will have some misses when these Holland litters are due, and whoever does is going in with this guy. I love everything that has come out of him.  She also brought over Lil' Bit Farms Garrett! I am so in love with this little sable point buck. Here is his pic:
 He still has a lot of growing up to do, but I am VERY patient. ;-) I can sit on him for a really long time. He is the shortest bunny ever, and actually has a HQ on him! Something that's really lacking in our bucks. And Lord knows well, that we don't need any more bunnies. But I got an email from a very nice fella who got rabbits from us a couple of years ago...he is getting out of rabbits and wanted to know if we wanted to get some back from him. Wow. He has a buck that we never should've sold and some blue eyed white does that go back to the best BEW buck I ever produced. How very exciting! I cannot wait to get started back on the BEW Hollands. Also, we are getting a lilac and a pointed white from Mary Justice. I cannot wait to get them! Wanted to do pointed whites so long ago and never got the chance to. Also wanted to do chocolates, but that fell through , too. Picking up very nice choc carrier and assorted does from Kristen Clifford in FL soon, too. It is amazing to me how my dream color projects have just fallen right into my lap over the last couple of weeks. It is very hard, as every Holland breeder knows, to stare at a barn full of tort all the time. Although, truthfully, if the bunnies are NICE, doesn't hurt the eyes at all...just sayin. I have yet to find the 'perfect' buck in our barn or herd. Never had one either. This is probably normal, too. If we all had the perfect buck, what is there left to strive for? I love our does. We have some great great brood does that are to die for. Picked up a couple of AWESOMe brood does from the Smiths a couple of weeks ago. ONe is bred, the other one on her way to being bred...if that doesn't happen, Lisa is gonna have to take her home and work some magic!  Well we were planning for the FL show this weekend, but it doesn't look like we are going to make it. So next show will be October 8 in Perry, GA. Much easier trip for our family, especially for the baby. She is not an easy traveler. Well, until next time....I'm outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment